Wednesday 26 August 2009

In Thru the Night

T4 Super D

The latest issue of Photo Graphica arrived today. The new digital photographic works of Daido Moriyama in the magazine is much better than his digital pictures I've seen before. They are in colours. Great composition. Very emotional as his black and white photos. They are not blurry or noisy as his works before. Some of them do have digital noise. But such noise can't be compared with his film noise. I don't think he intentionally uses the noise for expression. It just happened inevitably when he cropped and enlarged part of the pictures. Very interesting. Based on the pictures, I can conclude that he is still strong.

I took this picture from a bus. I'm surprised that the picture is quite sharp. I like the lights and atmosphere very much. I don't want to edit anything. It's just a raw scanned picture from my Nikon Super CoolScan 5000ED.

No comments:

Post a Comment