Monday 23 March 2009

Konica Hexar

GR Digital

After falling in love with Ricoh GR Digital, I got quite a unique Ricoh GR21 to further explore the GR world. I didn't expect I'd like to take pictures with film rather than digital format. But the GR21 just started my passion towards film. The camera is great but I didn't find it as great as I'd expected. So I was looking for a better compact film camera. After extensive researches, I just wanted to try 2 cameras. Minolta TC-1 is the first one I tried. It's the smallest 135 film camera I've ever seen. Its image quality and functions are superb. Now I've got another one: Konica Hexar.

The Hexar is usually called Hexar AF in order to distinguish from Hexar RF released later. Hexar AF has been released in different versions. My Hexar is the first version. It's in black with rubber grip. It looks the best to me and is good for avoiding arousing people's attention.

I'm the second owner of the very Hexar. Except for the wiping cloth, everything originally came with the camera and the optional camera pouch are included. I don't mind the lens cap is broken (This is common as the cap is too flimsy.) and the strap is worn out. What is the most important is the condition of the camera and its flash. Their cosmetic condition is very good. They both seem to work very well too. (According to the original owner, only about 10 rolls of film were used in the camera.)

Well, enough talk. How does the Hexar perform? Comparing with TC-1, which one is the best to me? The answers will follow...

(The picture shows my Hexar with a Hoya UV(0) filter.)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations with such a beautiful camera. Have you already tried the "silent mode" which makes the camera even quieter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,Mike. You make me fall in love another format of camera. Its size is very nice. Actually, I took photos a lot from Nikon FM2n, film, recently. Owing to its cost, I limited myself not to press its shutter too much. The film processing, from a roll film to digital files, cost me about 10USD. Is it different from your cost. What is your film process from film to digital?

    ReplyDelete