Friday 27 February 2009

TC-1 vs GR21 - AE

With f3.5 as the widest aperture, both TC-1 and GR 21 are not good for low light. With such aperture, I've decided to use ISO400 film for my normal use. Now is a comparison for their AE performance with low light. First is the TC-1 photo:

TC-1

Here is the GR21 photo:

GR21

I'm disappointed to the result of GR21. The picture is useless. Too dark. Once again, TC-1 outperformed GR21. I didn't used the spot metering of TC-1. Both cameras used their own different centre-weighted metering.

Although I've been generally in favor of TC-1 during the comparisons so far, holding GR21 is still better than TC-1. It truly feels great. As TC-1 is smaller and without a grip as nice as GR21, I don't feel secured enough to hold it. For the better performance and more useful and well-thought features, I think I have to get used to the harder grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment