Saturday 24 January 2009

Square of Ruins

Ricoh GR21 / Fujicolor Superia Reala 100 / Canon 8800F / ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5

21mm is good for landscape or cityscape. So far I've never taken any good shots to demonstrate the dramatic effect of such wide lens with my GR21.

Although this picture is not good, it is the best cityscape shot among my test colour pictures. I prefer it in black and white with coarse film grains. I tried different settings of the Auto Enhance function of the ArcSoft PhotoStudio 5.5 bundled with my Canon 8800F scanner. The result is what I want in my mind.

Ricoh GR21 / Fujicolor Superia Reala 100 / Canon 8800F

Another test photo. I tried the internal flash of my GR21. In close range, the flash intensity is acceptable. But the photo shows one of the limitations of GR21. The macro focus distance is only 30cm... What a contrast to the fabulous macro capability of GRD at about 1.5cm! So for close-ups, GRD is the way to go.

I'll show more samples to distinguish the differences between both classic film and digital cameras and see how GRD can help me to get pictures I can't do well with GR21.

No comments:

Post a Comment