Saturday 31 January 2009

In the Street and On the Table

Ricoh GR21 / Kodak BW400CN / Canon 8800F

As far as I remember, I've only tried three times of taking pictures by my hip. This is the most recent and successful one.

For street photography, hip shooting is one of the frequently used techniques. I'm still learning. With a 21mm lens, it should be more easy to capture the target. Whether the subject is in the right place of the frame is another question.

The more I use my GR21, the more I love it. I used to attach my GW-1 to my GRD for getting 21mm vision. Although the wide conversion lens works pretty well and is very sharp, the whole camera becomes a bit too bulky that it's not truly compact anymore. Also, it's definitely heavier than GR21.

Now GR21 is my main razor except for the following kinds of pictures or situations that I have to use my GRD instead:

1. Highly private pictures;
2. Candids;
3. Documentary shots that I need to record the exact shooting time and probably need to take a lot of pictures too;
4. Macros;
5. Shots I can't have mistakes;
6. Casual shots for family or friends;
7. No more film or power for my GR21;
8. Too dark;
9. Need instant review or sharing.

So today, I took pictures like this one with my GRD:

Ricoh GR Digital

No comments:

Post a Comment