Thursday 15 January 2009

Soft & Hard

Ricoh GR Digital

I like contrast. This applies to photography, music and other things I like. Regarding photography, the contrast is not only about the difference in colour and brightness but also the contrast between the subjects in a picture.

I'm afraid knitting is not as popular as before as a pastime. Most girls today prefer other hobbies which don't need much skill. Knitting does need skills. Patience and endurance are the other keys. We're all short of all these. Is this the inevitable result of the computerized and automated ways of doing nowadays? We all talk about speed, efficiency and quality stability. The jobs with our hands are then only found in the minority now or even gone long ago.

When I looked for a light bulb in this electronics and hardware store this afternoon, I saw the girl concentrated in her knitting behind the counter. She probably didn't notice me taking a picture of her. For whom was she knitting? Whoever he or she is, must be a very lucky person occupying a special place in her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment